Tivo desktop did not find a TIVO DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jebruce11, Sep 15, 2011.

1. jebruce11

jebruce11 New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Periodically, I cannot ping the Tivo DVR and I get the above message when I go into Tivo desktop. After a while (I believe the Tivo connects to the network?), the Tivo is visible again. The same thing happens from three PCs (2 W7, 1 Vista) and also from a direct browser login and KMTTG. Going to the Tivo and forcing a connect or reboot will fix the problem for a while.

The stops me from downloading more than one movie at a time. This same situation will occur in the middle of downloading to a PC also.

The Tivo works fine.

The hardware is Tivo Series 2, Tivo WiFi G. The connection shows up as excellent 84% or so. Static IP address. The router is a cable modem CG814WG.

I have no other network problems. I have tried different access points. Other large transfers of many GBs work fine on the home network.

Does the Tivo disconnect from the network a while after doing it's downloads and checkins? If so, can it be forced to remain active on the network?

Thanks for our help.