Tivo Desktop can't find files to transfer after Tivo upgrade to OS

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by larry5601, Jul 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. larry5601

larry5601 New Member

Jul 14, 2015

Advertisements

Ever since I upgraded to the new Tivo OS the Tivo desktop transfer function has stopped working. I was just wondering if there was a fix or do I have to start using kmttg for my transfers. I just find Tivo desktop is way easier to use when all I want is to transfer files from Tivo to my Windows 10 PC

2. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I had to reinstall Tivo Desktop after updating to Windows 10.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    PC transfers do not work under the new TiVo OS (aka Hydra, gen4, TE4, TiVo Experience 4) -- regardless of which PC application you might try (TiVo Desktop, PyTivo, KMTTG).

This is discussed in various Hydra-related threads, but there really should be a sticky thread listing the caveats with the upgrade.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    gigaquad likes this.
  5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Looking at post 1, all the OP wants to do is transfer from a TiVo to a PC. That still works.

I could: ask why, or please reboot everything. But I am lazy.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Good catch.

Could their issue with TiVo Desktop and the new TiVo OS simply be coincidental, then, with the certificate issue that recently broke TiVo Desktop?

Replacement certificates >here<.

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Very possible since the last time the OP was here was in 2016.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I can't tell if you upgraded the OS on your TiVo or your PC. If you upgraded your PC you need to reinstall TiVo Desktop. The encryption TiVo uses to store your MAK in the registry breaks when you upgrade the OS on your PC. If you mean you upgraded to Hydra on the TiVo itself it should still work, but you may need to reboot everything a couple times to get it to sync up again. The network discovery on TiVo can be flaky.