TIVO desktop and IMac

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by timatkn, Dec 18, 2011.

1. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I have a TIVO premiere and want to view photos on iphoto and songs in itunes located on my imac and transfer them to the premier to view on the TV.

I am running snow leopard and have the free TIVO Desktop version for my imac. It worked when I first got the premiere but would take several minutes to load each photo/song. Then about a year ago just completely stopped working. It looks like I can access the files on my TIVO but when I click on them I get an error message "A problem occurred while accessing the server...."

I can transfer videos back and forth with itvo and pytivo so I know my server is working.

Any ideas or anyone else with a MAC have similar problems?

I have tried rebooting both the TIVO and my computer after re-installing TIVO desktop for snow leopard, deleting my iphoto library and adding one item at a time in case an photo was corrupted. No luck so far--nothing will transfer.

T

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can config PyTivo to do photos.

In your pytivo.conf add in:

[photos] (You can use any name in square brackets)
    type = photo
    path = (your photo folder path)

3. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    thanks. I tried but the pics all come out broken and won't play on pytivo either. With Pytivo I can transfer videos and songs but not photos.

I am using Iphoto 09---would that make a difference?

I can use photobucket to view on my TIVO but that is a little tedious to load everything on there.

T

4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    pyTivo requires the Python Imaging Library for the photo module, this is the usual issue.

5. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Where do I get the imaging library and does it have an installer or instructions?

Edit: found it through google.

http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

6. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    thanks everyoen I will give it a try tonite.

T

7. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Are there simple instructions for how to use the python Imaging Library?

I downloaded the PIL onto my desktop and don't know what to do from there.

Any help appreciated thanks,

T

8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    After I installed the Imaging Library, my Tivo can now see the photos on my PC.

9. timatkn

timatkn New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    I think that is where i am stuck. It is in my download list but nothing came up to download it. I just copied onto my desktop but I don't think I downloaded it. If you can't tell I am not sure what I am doing :)

I clicked on the download on your link and from there I am stuck. How do you install the PIL?

THanks,

T

10. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The file I got was a .exe and I simply opened it to install, but I am on a PC. You may need to look at the TAR.gz files