TiVo Desktop 2.8: Sorting issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by stubarrett, Dec 19, 2009.

1. stubarrett

stubarrett Member

Oct 30, 2003
    I love being able to see my folder structure on the Tivo and movie files that I archive on my computer however there is one problem with this.

When I use my S3 to look at the Now Playing content on my computer even thought I use the "sort by name" feature, when I drill down into the directories it is displayed sorted by file time-stamp. For many things this results in a jumbled mess.

While the 2.7 version of TD did not support rendering the folder structure all the files were displayed "flat", you could at least view them sorted by name or date.

My Raid Box's DLNA service also exhibits this behavior with my S3, so it appears that the issue is not caused by the TD upgrade, but is an issue with the S3 itself. It appears then even though you configure the S3 to sort my name, as soon es you drill down a directory level it reverts to time-stamp and there is no way to change it once you have drilled down.

Any clues on when this will be fixed?

Stu

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    You can still view the list "flat", if you want, by turning off foldering.

Yes, it's on the TiVo end. If you notice, it does the same thing with its own folders -- episodes within folders are sorted by date, even when you sort the top-level NPL by name.

pyTivo has a mode to force alpha sorting, ignoring the order requested by the TiVo.

3. stubarrett

stubarrett Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Interesting, when viewing audio files, the Tivo S3 allows me to change the sort order for each directory level.

Sure would like that for Video!!

Stu

4. Gavroche

Gavroche Member

May 26, 2007
    State of...
    Just gotta say.... LOVE IT!

I can sort my podcast folders by date, and the rest of the folders alphabetically. Thank you for making the sorting of my Tivo content make sense!