Tivo Desktop 2.5--2 questions...

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Arod, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Arod

Arod New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    I have successfully installed Tivo Desktop to my desktop computer and it works great. However, after installing the program to my laptop, I can't get it to connect with my Tivo unit via my home router. So, is it possible to have a Tivo recorder that will interface with 2 different computers on the same home network? I would like to have the ability to stick a couple of movies on my laptop for travel.

The 2nd question is whether there is a program out there that will read a Tivo file on my computer and then allow me to burn it to a DVD?

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    In response to the first part, you can have Tivo Desktop installed on two computers, you will also be able to transfer shows to two separate computers, but just like transferring two shows in a row, the Tivo box will queue the second show whether it is going to the same computer or not. If you start a transfer to computer A, then pick a file to put on B, it will wait until A is finished before transferring B.

As far as burning without Desktop Plus, I believe Nero will do that but I am not sure. I purchased Desktop Plus so I can transfer to my ipods and also so I have an MPEG file to burn if I go that route.

3. Arod

Arod New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Re burning with Desktop Plus or Nero, if for example, I have a 2 hour video program, can I burn it to a single DVD or perhaps 2 DVDs.

The burn option in my Tivo unit would probably take 2 DVDs and I would rather have the program on one DVD.