Tivo Desktop 2.2 - buggy?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Padfam4, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Padfam4

Padfam4 New Member

Jan 17, 2006

Advertisements

Wondered if others share my view of this version of the software. One fellow Tivo'er suggested just uninstalling and sticking with version 2.1. My problem is that the user interface always locks up while I am transferring wirelessly to the PC. The server portion still downloads the requested program, however. It's just a pain to not be able to easily track progress or cancel a transfer. Hope the next version fixes this AND adds a "pause" transfer feature :eek:

Router: Linksys WRT54G
    Transmitter: D-Link DWL-G120

Possibly not related to version 2.2: Heaven forbid I pause Tivo while the download is in progress ;) That will always result in a Tivo reboot within a few minutes! If Tivo reboots, the Tivo Desktop Server will either start all over with the download or pick up where it left off.

2. NotVeryWitty

NotVeryWitty Too Big to Fail

Oct 3, 2003
    Central Mass.
    I have similar bad experiences. The few times I've tried to set up an overnight transfer of a half-dozen shows to my PC, I've been lucky to get two or three of them to actually transfer.

OTOH, I use multi-room viewing between my two Tivos all the time, and never have a problem with it.

3. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    I use Wired and have had great success... in fact maybe 1 or 2 problems in the course of ever using it.

I think wireless is the problem.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I haven't noticed any problems using TiVoDesktop 2.2 over wireless. I'll have to try your "pause while downloading" trick to see if that triggers any reboots for me as well.

You could also try Galleon.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

Well, I didn't do exhaustive testing, but I did kick off a TTG transfer and then tried pausing both Live TV and a recording (including the show I was transferring) and was unable to trigger a reboot. :confused:

6. JS2003

JS2003 New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    With wireless, all it takes is a cordless phone, a baby monitor or other source of interference to mess up you Tivo transfer. Try changing the channel on which your wireless network communicates. It might help...