Tivo! Deliver us from evil...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by johnsom, Aug 31, 2006.

1. johnsom

johnsom New Member

May 30, 2001
    Oregon

Advertisements

Comcast has added an ad banner to the bottom of our guide screens in Oregon. This not only takes away guide information (down to 4 lines now) but makes scrolling the biggest pain in the behind because it selects their ads...

According to customer support their is no way to opt-out or remove the ad banner.

Not to mention the horrible Motorola (phase 3 that mostly works) box that locks up the controls all of the time, then batch plays them out. You hit play while fast forwarding and it gets stuck (with the remote light on and everything) and some point in the future it "catches up".

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to wait for a quality and refined product. Think of this as a Tivo battle cry in support of series 3!

Thank you Tivo for providing an alternative. I have two SD tivos and the Comcast DVR and anxiously awaiting the Series 3.

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Are you down from 6 lines to 4 or 5 lines to 4? I called today also and they said it may not be permanent. Yea, right!

3. DCIFRTHS

DCIFRTHS Active Member

Jan 6, 2000
    New York
    Ads on the guide list is a horrible idea. I would complain about this as much as possible if I were in your shoes.

4. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    Whose to say Comcast won't implement the ads on their version of TiVo.

5. btl-a4

btl-a4 Man I must be bored.

Dec 28, 2005

Advertisements

Just got the ad added to my guide here in Northern California. Very annoying. But as one of the posters mentioned, doesn't mean the tivo version won't have an annoying ad in there as well.

6. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Gilbert Arizona
    I belive, according to the agreement between TiVo and Comcast, that TiVo is responsible for the advertising on the Comcast boxes and that Comcast get a percentage of the ad revenue from Tivo.