Tivo Deletes Portland Frontier Lineup and Replaces it With Seattle's

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Nak, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I got a Tivo message last night that my lineup had changed. It hadn't. So, basically every channel is wrong. After a little research I see that the lineup Tivo is showing for Portland's Frontier lineup matches Seattle's Frontier lineup. All of the affiliate names are the Seattle affiliates. Tivo deleted the Portland Lineup and replaced it with Seattle's in other words. What a great time for Tivo to screw up everyone's service that lives in Oregon or SW Washington.

2. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I called Tivo customer support, not much help there. I'm not even sure the support personnel understood what a Tivo is. Seriously. I emailed the issue to lineup@tivo.com Zap2it still shows the correct lineup for Portland.

3. JandS

JandS Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    Our local (Woodinville WA) Frontier operation [our usage happens to be only for POTS] been sold to to Ziply Fiber, I think the transition was May 1, so perhaps that transition has hit you?

https://www.ziplyfiber.com/

4. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
  5. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    It could have something to do with Tivo screwing things up I guess. Our lineup has not changed at all, I've checked carefully. Tivo just changed Portland's lineup to Seattle. Hopefully they fix this soon. Does anyone have any experience how long it takes Tivo to fix a crew up of this magnitude?

6. JandS

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    Somebody should be along to give you more nuts and bolts, but I'm pretty sure there is a way for you to adjust the location for your line-up in your Tivo, it's not a destructive step, might involve a re-scan, but please don't try anything that may delete your recorded shows unintentionally -- having to reset the location has happened to folks in other places over the years

hopefully paging @JoeKustra

eta, please reply here with your specific Tivo model, whether you have cable card, OTA, all the specs that might help folks help you

eta #2, I don't really think it's a Tivo-caused mess-up, I think it's the provider information that Tivo is given by Ziply that is wrong or wrongfully specified. On my Bolt with cable card I go to Settings > Help > Account & System > System Information and scroll down to see Cable Provider.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You can't scan with a cable card installed and that won't fix anything. A repeat of Guided Setup doesn't hurt recordings, but might screw your 1P. I'd call my cable provider and ask them what to do. You card needs programming with the new lineup. Then TiVo should provide the correct listings. In a perfect world.

Zap2it (Gracenote) is usually 99% correct.

8. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    The Frontier lineup has not in fact changed. Tivo is showing Seattle's lineup--including Seattle's affiliates call numbers--even though "Frontier TV Portland Digital" is selected. Zap2it shows the correct line up for Portland. The Cable Provider Tivo Shows--and so far this is correct--is Frontier TV Portland Digital. I've always had to put in a Portland Zip code--even though I'm across the river in Washington--during guided setup to get that option to show up. The channel data though shows the same call signs and channels as Seattle Frontier Digital. This happened last night with no input from me, and stays this way after repeating guided setup. There is no other provider lineup to select that would be correct--I've looked. This happened to both my Tivos simultaneously.

Both Tivos: Bolt+ Cable cards. Been working fine for years.
    Cable Provider: Frontier TV Portland Digital. (Supposed to transfer to Ziply tomorrow.)
    My zip code: 98607
    Zip code I have to enter to get Frontier as an option during setup: 97224

Thanks guys for the help!

9. JandS

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
  10. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks for the link! Unfortunately something is wrong with the site. It won't send me a verification email when I try and join, so I can't post. :( I've tried multiple email addresses...

11. JandS

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
  12. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks! It's interesting that it sounds like some people are actually receiving the Seattle channels. The channels I receive has not changed; I'm still receiving the Portland channels, it's just the Tivo that shows on the guide and banners the Seattle Channels. i.e. if I manually enter 512 I get KPTV, just like I always have. Tivo says it's some other channel though; the channel that 512 is in Seattle.

I still can't verify my email on that forum, so I can't post. :(

13. JandS

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    I'm sorry you can't get registered on DSLReports, it's been around for a kazillion years and is =usually= very responsive.

Maybe some info to be found on the Reddit forum.

ZiplyFiber

14. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Try re running guided set up.

15. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    I just did again. Now it's even worse of a mess! LOL.

16. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    How could they make such a big mistake? Portland is 150 miles from Seattle and a different state.

That's like Putting NY stations in Philly or Baltimore.

Nak likes this.
  17. JandS

Oct 1, 2010
    East of Seattle
    Nak likes this.
  18. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks! I'll give that a go.

19. Sheri4him2

Sheri4him2 New Member

May 2, 2020
    Same issue - started on 4/29/20. Call to Frontier/Ziply had me reset the cable card and rescan channels. That fixed the receiving of channels. I can watch 502 even though the program guide says not available. I cannot watch 504 even though the program guide has ABC programming. The program guide has the Washington lineup but the channels I am receiving is the Portland lineup. My One Passes show no shows available for ABC. For now, I have to manually record for each for time and day. Some channels are the same, some are not. Frustrating!

I put in a incorrect lineup report to TIVO and haven't heard back.

Both Tivos: Bolt+ Cable cards. Been working fine for years.
    Cable Provider: Frontier TV Portland Digital. (Transferred to Ziply 5/1.)
    My zip code: 97005

20. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I'm in exactly the same boat here, and it also started on 4/29. I've reported to TiVo also, but no fix as of yet. I'm in 97229.