Tivo customer since Jan 00, and I really have to agree to a contract on a replacement

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by riekl, Jan 20, 2011.

1. riekl

riekl New Member

Jan 29, 2001

Advertisements

So .. I bought my first DirecTivo in January of 2000 months before dual tuners came around. Been a Tivo customer ever since. Just got a Premier today (from the woot sellout what a deal !) activated it and Tivo tells me that no problem canceling my Tivo-HD but the Premier is under a 1 year contract.

Really ? Very disapointed in the treatment of a decade long customer, there aren't many of us around !

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    If you don't want a contract, buy lifetime. Contracts have been around for a while with TiVo.

3. pteronaut

pteronaut Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    If they are subjecting you to a commitment as if you were a new customer, shouldn't they also offer a grace period? I know that back in 2004, when I was a new customer, they canceled my lifetime contract without question the same day that I activated (after I found out that I was in an area with no local call in number)

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Every new TiVo comes with a 30 day money back guarantee.

New and old customers have a contract. Lifetime is the only way to be exempt.

5. synch22

synch22 Member

Dec 30, 2003

Advertisements

weird, some guy in another thread just claimed no problem getting $9.99 a month which i asusme is MSD rate no mentuion of contract. If you want to dig further a fat wallet member is claiming $199 lifetime.... fwiw

6. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    I'll be replacing my wireless in a month or so. Do you suppose Verizon will give me the discount phone price and wave my commitment since I've been a customer for 15 years?

7. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Of course there's a contract. I just activated a Premiere and saw the $9.95 offer, but there was a penalty of about $150 of I were to cancel before a year (I called and activated PLS instead).

8. TheWGP

TheWGP Hmmm...

Oct 26, 2007
    Um, stranger things have definitely happened with Verizon. I get the point you're trying to make, but I laughed out loud at your specific example! :D

9. pileosnafu

pileosnafu New Member

Jul 22, 2005
    i work for the account services (retention) department at sprint. you'd love the things customer say when they think they are long times customers (some people start to think this after 12 months) I too got a good laugh at that answer