1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo couldn't care less about lineups.

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by kucharsk, Jun 16, 2017.

1. kucharsk

kucharsk Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I've made monthly phone calls for four months and have sent several emails in an attempt to get them to list a single subchannel with no success.

In the old days they would get it turned around within a week, but now they just don't care and I've yet to talk to someone there who even knows what "Please add channel 3-3 on RF 25" means. :(

Anyone else have luck getting lineups corrected?

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Have you used the TiVo form for a lineup issue?

3. kucharsk

kucharsk Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Four times.

It keeps getting closed summarily without resolution with an addendum stating I should call for assistance if I am still experiencing the issue:

Then the call center folks are clueless.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. ClearToLand

ClearToLand Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Jul 9, 2001
    Central Jersey
    But are they polite? ;)
    1. Have you tried asking for / escalating to a US CSR?.
    2. Are you ready to call back ~12-15 times in-a-row in an attempt to get a US CSR?
      - (SEARCH for the recent post from @sfhub)
    3. Have you considered E-Mailing Margret?

5. kucharsk

kucharsk Member

Feb 2, 2007
    1) They are polite but have no idea what to say when you go beyond your script other than to delete all your channels and redo Guided Setup. :)

2) I didn't know there were US CSRs. I have asked for a manager several times and have talked to someone who spoke English well and seemed to understand my concern and yet the issue remains.

3) I've emailed her before but nothing seems to happen there either; I'll write up a detailed email and try again.

chiguy50 likes this.
  6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Have you contacted the tv station itself?

7. kucharsk

kucharsk Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Why? It's not their problem.

The basic issue is that in my area, the same bouquet of channels - 3-1, 3-2 and 3-3 - are available on two different RF frequencies, UHF 23 and 41:

• 3-1: Independent
    • 3-2: GRIT
    • 3-3: BUZZR

TiVo knows about all three on RF channel 23 but only 3-1 and 3-2 on RF channel 41.

This means that 3-3 from RF 41 is considered a "scanned" channel. The system doesn't know anything about it, so all the programming is listed as "To Be Announced."

All they need to do is add 3-3 for RF 41 - the same as they already have for 3-1 and 3-2.

But I can't seem to find anyone who can understand this and will act upon it.

8. osu1991

osu1991 Active Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Oklahoma
    If they're the same channels then it's easier to tell them they need to mirror the guide data on 23-3 to 41-3 instead of making a new data entry for 41-3.

That's how I've put it in the online comments for reporting an issue for some cable channels that had multiple channel numbers and for low power ota translators of the primary ota channels.

One of the executive calls I had, when I had trouble getting our comet tv affiliate mapped to the correct channels, said it was easier to mirror the data to multiple channels than get a new entry created.

tim1724 likes this.
  9. kucharsk

kucharsk Member

Feb 2, 2007
    I'll try that, thanks!

10. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Yes, it *is* their problem, it's costing them a viewer.

They're the only ones with an immediate financial incentive to fix the problem.

Talk to the station, find out who there makes sure that their program info gets submitted to Rovi, and get them to tell Rovi about the problem.

UCLABB likes this.