TiVo Conference in Orlando

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by tjs107, Sep 14, 2007.

1. tjs107

tjs107 New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    usa

Advertisements

I personally did not attend it, however my buddy did. He is a regular TiVo/cable guy. I told to ask a rep about the DTV and tivo. The guy he asked told him that he certainly could not give out details, but he winked and said negotiations were going very well!

Personally, I think that they may be waiting for the Liberty Media deal to close. I think I saw somwhere that it is to close on 12/22/07. Maybe shortly after that we will get a new, fully functional Directivo..........can't blame a guy for dreaming!

TJS

2. jmoak

jmoak Beware of Conky!

Jun 20, 2000
    florida
    rep/guy = someone from Tivo?

As in someone who works for Tivo? Not a contractor, not a cable guy, but someone who works for Tivo?

???

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I was there. TiVoJerry was the TiVo rep and he simply said that TiVo and DirecTV were still working together, as evidenced by the announcement of a few new features for DTiVos early next year. Nothing was said or hinted that any new hardware was in development.

I agree such a thing would be nice, but I don't see it happening. I will note that TiVo staff has learned to be extremely tight-lipped when it comes to DirecTV futures.

4. jmoak

jmoak Beware of Conky!

Jun 20, 2000
    florida
    Of course not! As many have told us over and over lately, it would be just plain silly to think otherwise.

I guess he could have just had something in his eye at that precise moment.
    ;)

5. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH

Advertisements

Jerry was winking a lot that weekend - he was having a good time. Go look at the pictures in the Meets forum to see why. I was carefully watching Jerry as he responded to that question and didn't notice anything that I'd interpret as a hint.

I'd be thrilled if there was something to it, but it seems most unlikely to me.

6. jmoak

jmoak Beware of Conky!

Jun 20, 2000
    florida
    Ah!

Is Jerry a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, ... say no moah!

:D

7. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Does this answer your question?

[​IMG]

8. jmoak

jmoak Beware of Conky!

Jun 20, 2000
    florida
    "Tivo Conference", eh?

Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more!

:D