TiVo/Comcast SuperBowl FAIL

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by chetly, Feb 2, 2020.

1. chetly

chetly Member

Apr 19, 2014
    So for three days in the Nashville Comcast market... my guide listings for FOX has shown “Upcoming: FOX Super Bowl LIV Postgame.

During this time no shows or anything have been in the listings. CW network was also doing the same until today showing Upcoming: Big Bang theory. Because of the listing issue no show on the channel can be recorded. I can manually record the channel but every 30 minutes a marker resets and any buffer I had gets erased and the recording stops jumping me to live tv. So basically I cannot record the game nor can I use the game skip event for the commercials. Way to go. Not sure who to blame... the TiVo app shows the correct guide but can’t record from there as it gives me an error because my TiVo has no correct listing. Why FOX would submit to ROVI this incorrect listing right when the game Skip feature is active and for TiVo to not catch this is par for the course as of late. So being glued to the tv watching the game and during the commercial I hit a 30 minute marker and lost the commercial in the buffer and went to live tv .... unable to rewind to the commercial because it deleted the buffer. Ridiculous. If I were using Xfinity boxes none of this would happen. This might be the start of yet another goodbye thread.

2. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    I did manual recording from 3 until 8 and all came out fine.

jrtroo likes this.
  3. chetly

chetly Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Glad it worked out for you. I went that route as well but having to manually record every 30 minutes was a no go for me. Especially since while watching I would be jumped sometimes 20 minutes into live tv losing my buffer then having to go into the recording and find my place again. Useless. And apparently even this morning users aren’t able to use Game Skip...a complete fail. For some of us.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    He meant he set up a manual recording ahead of time for the entire 3pm-8pm time block on that channel. Not that he hit record every 30 minutes... :)

Scott

jrtroo likes this.
  5. chetly

chetly Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Again... because of the guide issue and there not being a show in the Fox listing, there Was no show to set up a manual recording for. To clarify: when any attempt to record the channel..via the box...via the app, hitting or manually recording a block FAILED... with an error message. I could only manually record the current listing but it only lasted until the marker then ended. That’s all I can report. I mentioned in more than one thread this was occurring in the Comcast Nashville market. I realize hundreds of thousands of you didn’t have this issue...I was merely posting to Potentially let others know in my market I was also having the problem.

6. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    What I did has nothing to do with the guide.

You can setup a manual recording without going into the guide and the tivo will record for the entire time period you set.

TE3: From the TiVo Central screen, select "Search, OnePass, & Manage" then "Set Up a Manual Recording."

TE4: From the Home screen, select the Menu icon or press 0 on your remote control.
    Select ‘Manage’ > ‘Manual Recording.’

Bigg, Rey, kpeters59 and 2 others like this.