Tivo.com TV listings: Searching for sports teams

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Stu_Bee, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
    If I go to Tivo.com, sign-in, go to their TV search feature.

When I search for a basketball team (ie "golden state warriors") it only shows me one hit in the next 14 days. However if I go into that hit for "NBA Basketball" it will show me other future 'episodes' with the description including "Golden state warriors"....However I have to page thru many non-warrior games to find them.

So is there anyway to search on Tivo.com TVListings for just one teams upcoming games and not all the other teams? It seems to work on the Tivo itself using wishlists.

ps. I tried the advanced search, utilizing 'description' but that didn't help

2. Stu_Bee

Stu_Bee New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Silicon...
    Maybe I should have posted this in the Help forum.

What I'm trying to do is search Tivo.com TV Listings for all upcoming Golden State Warrior Games (preferably in HD).

However it only seems to give me a generic hit for the next showing..eventhough there are more showing in 14 days. If I click the NBA Basketball headline it will show ALL basketball games whether Warriors or not.
    (I won't even ask whats up with the NBA Finals Icon still showing)

I've attached screenshots. Thanks or any suggestions:

(Am I the only one that searches by team names?)

EDIT: Actually, after testing tivo.com tv listings for a specific episode title of a show, it only lists the first occurance of an episode, rather than all. I consider this a failing in the search feature. Am I wrong?

Attached Files:

3. jimsocks

jimsocks New Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Try to create a wishlist search, "@ golden state" & sports/basketball...that works very well for me...the "@" seems to separate actual games from other "noise"...