TiVo.com Requiring Password Reset?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by SullyND, Jan 24, 2018.

1. SullyND

SullyND W: 33-9 (Camping World Bowl) TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    My TiVo App isn't logging in. When I go to log in to my account on tivo.com I'm getting this:

Anyone else seeing this?

I also got an email to my tivo account address (used only for that account) welcoming me to the TiVo Reseller program, which I did not sign up for.

Was TiVo hacked again?

@TiVo_Ted

2. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    Not getting that message on the online.tivo.com website or the iOS app. Signed out and back into both without issue this morning.

3. JavaJoe_2

JavaJoe_2 Member

Dec 31, 2010
    I Received this from TiVo Reseller.
    I haven't been on the boards in over 1 or 2 months:

"Subject: Welcome to the Reseller Portal
    Priority: Normal Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:04 AM Size: 2 KB
    Dear Joseph,

Thank you for applying to become an Authorized TiVo Reseller. Below please find
    your TiVo Reseller Portal login information. Click on the link below to get
    started:

https://tivocommunity.force.com/mobileportal/login?c=0tW2doINaGYSW_2ZXYT135SpG8N
    E.MQkWvVz.D1PTp77azwyigawjZunstR5fQgwD12MZM6XBbODLlFMu_anVw_1H01PIKzmQXBsGf3nmwY
    563b14bXLoTDlrGezD2RIIoMtY5tvXLe_9nbXJOuX1yEv9a9pZOaaXR2hm3eUoXIA0EZR2F0%3D

Sincerely,
    TiVo Reseller Team"

Anyone??

4. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I also got the "welcome to the TiVo Reseller program" email. Really weird.

TiVo getting hacked makes sense, someone in Argentina logged into my Netflix account and changed everything to Spanish and started watching Stranger Things. I can't think of how it got compromised, but I used the same email address as my TiVo account.

jfdiv likes this.
  5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yeah, I see it and still waiting for temp password.

They could have given a warning. I'll go with a hack or stupidity for now.

update: password reset worked. I set my password back to what it was. No way to save login info now.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  6. the_Skywise

the_Skywise Member

Nov 27, 2000
    Indianapolis...
    Got the email this morning but can login to the ios app fine but the tivo.com website gave the info about changing the password.

7. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    That is probably a really bad idea

jfdiv likes this.
  8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    No problem with TiVo Online or the support forums.

9. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I meant it's a bad idea because if TiVo was hacked, your password is now whatever it was before, which is in the hands of the hackers.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I understand. Thanks for the thought.

11. altern8545

altern8545 New Member

Mar 23, 2015
    I received the same TiVo reseller email, I was able to sign into TiVo app after a few tries without password reset

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The app and Online aren't affected. Which makes no sense.

Funny. When you click on the link to the support page -> https://support.tivo.com/articles/Essential_Summary/Single-Sign-On it fails.

13. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I'm unable to change my password at tivo.com currently. My Android TiVo app still is logged in using old password and is working.

kpeters59 likes this.
  14. altern8545

altern8545 New Member

Mar 23, 2015
    when i navigated to the link in the email, it took me to a saleforce password reset page and it list the account's password was reset today.

15. trojanrabbit

trojanrabbit Cat Referee

Mar 10, 2001
    Near the...
    Is this email legit? I never signed up to be an Authorized TiVo Reseller and who is manasa.vc@tavant.com?

I was just able to connect to my TiVo through the app with no problems.

16. jhwpbm

jhwpbm Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Texas
    Don't want to dox her, but there is a LinkedIn profile for Manasa V.C. that lists both Tavant and Salesforce.com as employers. The mystery deepens.

PS - And the Tavant website lists TiVo as a customer, as well. This begins to look more like a botched software update than a legitimate hack.

17. hcliii

hcliii New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    I received the same spam email about becoming a reseller.
    I changed my Tivo password to something new.

18. warrenn

warrenn Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    It looks like there are two separate things going on that are getting mixed up and causing confusion:

Issue 1: The tivo.com website has changed password rules and now requires a password update.

Issue 2: Many of the members of this forum are getting an email about becoming Tivo resellers for tivocommunity.force.com.

These are two separate issues that are just coincidentally happening at the same time. If Tivo.com was hacked, the reseller email would have tivo in the url instead of tivocommunity. Since tivocommunity is in the url, I'm much more likely to believe they got the email addresses from tivocommunity.com.

19. jhwpbm

jhwpbm Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Texas
    I'm suspicious they're "coincidental". The new password requirement + documentation kicked in at 6:23 this morning (my time). The email was sent at 6:30 - coincidentally, from a software developer who works for a company that also has TiVo as a customer?

I'm not saying it's innocuous (it could very well be a deliberate, malicious hack), but I'm pretty sure it's related.

20. warrenn

warrenn Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I looked more into my email and I believe you are correct about being a Tivo.com problem. I use an email forwarding service which allows me to create unique email addresses for each site I use. So I have one email for tivo.com and other for tivocommunity.com The salesforce email came addressed to my *tivo* email address, not my *tivocommunity* one. So the email addresses likely came from the user database at Tivo.

jfdiv likes this.