Tivo.com Password Reset Fubared?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by hockeyamd, Oct 10, 2018.

1. hockeyamd

hockeyamd New Member

Aug 22, 2015

Advertisements

Was trying to use the new app yesterday but they told me I needed a new passwords. So far many attempts but no temp password email.

Anybody else find the password rest fubared?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Earlier this year, I couldn't get into TiVo Online and the password reset wouldn't work--no password reset emails. What worked was chatting TiVo Online support up at the webpage--they sent me the reset email manually.

3. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Do you use Gmail? For some reason there are sometimes issues with getting password reset emails through to gmail accounts in a timely fashion...

4. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    worked on my gmail account. But annoying to create a temp password. And then it doesn't take you right into a create a permanent password screen. It acts like the temp password is permanent.

5. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000

Advertisements

Last time I tried, it kept rejecting the temporary password. No matter how many times I copied and pasted the password, it kept saying my temporary password was wrong. Even if I got a new temporary password, still didn't work.

6. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    i had no issues this morning.

temp password sent to a gmail account
    used temp password at link provided in email for changing password.

I was using a weak password that had been in compromised in other company's password breaches, so its just as well to change off of it. I'd avoided it because I didn't want to have to update it on my tivo's using a 'select a letter on screen' keyboard.

7. hockeyamd

hockeyamd New Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Apparently complaining here fixed it. It just worked.