Tivo cartoon driving me insain! how can i delete?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ryansdadd, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ryansdadd

ryansdadd New Member

Feb 20, 2010
    been having a issue with my tivo premier, just about 3 to 4 times a week when I press the tivo icon at the top of my remote, the Tivo cartoon and the goofy music starts playing, Doo doo do do do.....I hear it in my sleep!:eek:

I am 110% sure I am not hitting it then 0 to play the animation....not sure whats going on its very random....I realize I can FF past it or hit the tivo button again to skip it but I would prefer it gone.....can I delete it somehow? Any suggestions would be great, Thanks -mike:D

2. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Is it possible that your Tivo is restarting regularly?

3. PIANOCRAT

PIANOCRAT New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    I did a chat session with Tivo support this week (July 19th to be exact); no answer other than it is possible that the tv or my receiver's remote are contributing to the problem.

Don't know if this made a difference, but I have reverted to the older (non-HD) interface on my Premiere. The daily Tivo cartoon began soon after the revert and a subsequent power failure (DUI vs power pole) restart.

Does any of this match your conditions?

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Press the tivo button again and it stops playing and goes to the menus.
    I know this doesn't solve the technical problem, but it does stop the animation.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Seriously doubt it.
    After a restart, the animation plays automatically at the end of the process, it doesn't wait for someone to press a button on the remote before playing.

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
  7. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    That's right. My bad.