TiVo can see PC, but PC can't see TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rasmasyean, Aug 1, 2011.

1. rasmasyean

rasmasyean New Member

Jul 28, 2011

Advertisements

I can see the shared PC folders from my TiVo, but when I'm at the PC and I click "Pick Recording's to Transfer", I can't seem get it to see the recordings. I reinstalled the TiVo desktop a few times and entered the MAK a few times, checked the firewall, checked my account to see that it enables transfers. But it keeps saying that there was a error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR...

The thing is that it worked before....that is before I just reinstalled my OS for some other reason. At first I thought it was because I installed Bonjour with Quicktime before I installed TiVo Desktop. But I uninstalled it and reinstalled TiVo Desktop to get that version of Bonjour. But I can't seem to get it to work now.

I can ping the TiVo address just fine so the network seems to work. But the funny things is that the TiVo can see my folders, and the PC can't see Tivo's.

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Try using Tivo Beacon instead of Bonjour.
    The setting is in the Tivo Server Properties under the Network tab.

Attached Files:

3. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Which firewall? Windows, or an add-on like Norton? If you have Norton especially, you probably want to "trust" the ip address of the TiVo. It may be blocking visibility of it.

4. rasmasyean

rasmasyean New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    I just had the Windows FW but it was modified by the TiVo Desktop install, etc.

TiVo Beacon didn't work. It didn't even look like it searched for the TiVo before giving the message.

I actually got a TiVo dongle to try it wirelessly and at first I had a similar problem, but resetting the box solved it.

I'll try it wired again and see if I can solve what happened by resetting as well....although I don't think this should be the proper way to get it to work.