TiVo Bolt with distorted/scrambled/pixelated picture

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by greyrock, May 29, 2020.

1. greyrock

greyrock New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Started with a few channels now it's on most, (see picture) Luckily I have TWO identical Bolt systems to troubleshoot with. It's not any wiring, or the cable card, or the COX tuning adapter. I've narrowed it down to the Bolt itself. I've checked all the threads, this topic was not covered. What are my options? Thanks IMG_1455.jpg

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Look in Diagnostics under Settings / Help / acct / Diagnostics, ChDn to see the channel listed and reply with the Signal strength and SNR. Too high or too low can cause this.

3. greyrock

greyrock New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Thank you, tuned to channel 3 (local CBS affiliate) the SNR was 26 DB and the Signal Strength was "-". (no picture, error V52 as on all other channels with issues) Then I dis-connected the problem Bolt and connected my second Bolt, using all the same wiring and such and the readings were SNR of 37DB and the signal strength was 92%. Every channel I subscribe to comes in perfect on this second bolt. To me, it looks like an issue inside the tuner section? I've owned it for 18 months, has never been moved or messed with behind a ventilated cabinet. I'm at a loss.

4. kellykhori

kellykhori New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Prescott...
    Subscribed. I have the same problem. I sent it to Weaknees and they said I had a bad coax input on my motherboard. No way to fix. Tivo was no help either.

greyrock likes this.
  5. greyrock

greyrock New Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That's what it looks like, I'll call them for options but don't expect any, I'm contemplating new, rebuilt or used..