Tivo bolt with Comcast cable card

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Kif, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Kif

Kif New Member

Feb 4, 2017

Advertisements

I wanted to know if you use your comcast cable card on the tivo bolt, when you input an sd channel does it automatically go to the hd channel or do you still have to ā€œDā€ to do so on the hydra ui.

2. scottfll954

scottfll954 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    It does NOT automatically go to HD

you need to hit D ..

I did find 2 things though

with you favorites on the left side ..there is actually no reason to put in the channel nbr

Also I am using the NEW numbers ..1000`s and UP . it groups the channel all together (ex: cnn/fox news/CNBC ..all next to each other) .. if I happen to use the guide its much easier

wmcbrine likes this.
  3. chicagoenergy

chicagoenergy energychicago

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago
    Need to use "D" button. I also have all the channels in the 1000s. "D" button works for those too. Just change the settings to the channels you receive to only the ones in the 1000s.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I don't know if this helps at all, but any channel that has an HD version I just uncheck the SD version from the channel list so that there is no confusion anyway. This is one of the things that I like about Tivo.

With my cable co, on the TVs that don't have Tivos but have a cable box instead, you can't remove channels from your scroll. That would drive me crazy so I love that I can take out whichever ones I don't want to see on my Tivo sets. :)

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

My lineup has 437 channels. I pay for about 240 channels. "My Channels" is about 50. "Favorites" is 19. I couldn't live without the Favorites option. No way I could use the cable company's box and stay sane.

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

that is a cable company setting that maps hd channels to sd channel numbers not tivo