TiVo Bolt Vox randomly changes screens

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Dwight Wilson, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Dwight Wilson

Dwight Wilson New Member

Mar 27, 2018

Advertisements

Hi Everybody!

I have a new TiVo Bolt Vox 3GB. I got it up and working correctly with the cable card and tuning adapter from Spectrum cable in Los Angeles (Chatsworth).

Now, the TiVo randomly switches between the Home screen and the live TV screen.
    This video shows what's going on. I'm not even touching the remote, and the screen randomly switches back and forth from Home.

I would send it back to Amazon, but this is the SECOND TiVo Bolt 3GB. I just returned another TiVo Bolt 3GB that did the exact same thing! I know it sounds crazy. I love TiVo and don't want to give up quite yet. Has anybody else seen this problem?

I had a 500GB TiVo Bolt that ran perfectly for about 3 years before it died.

Thanks,
    -Dwight Wilson

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The big arrow might be a clue. It's not normal and eliminates something from the remote being the cause. Sorry, but I have to ask: are you in love with Hydra?

I can get the arrow just by visiting the Recording Activity folder then moving down to a manual recording. Happens on the host and its Mini. Both doing it since day one with Hydra.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The Bolt has only been out 2.5 years. But sometimes it can be sluggish and remote commands build up and fire off in succession. So was the remote hit a bunch of times shortly before the video and there was no response at the time from the Bolt? That could certainly cause what the video showed.

4. Dwight Wilson

Dwight Wilson New Member

Mar 27, 2018
    I jiggled the wires and rebooted everything and now it works perfedtly! Thanks for your suggestions!

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005

Advertisements

And here I was thinking that this was a new, prototype Hydra feature: telekinesis remote control. :)

Dwight Wilson and kpeters59 like this.