TiVo Bolt VOX apps not populating?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by ckelly33, Nov 25, 2018.

1. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004

Advertisements

My TiVo Bolt apps menu began populating slowly. Sometimes it would take 30 seconds. Sometimes I would get impatient and hit the main menu button and start all over. After a month or so ago I contacted TiVo. They gave me a few steps to perform (force connection, restart, etc.)

It didn't help, they actually seemed to allow even more. In ad do ition, since then my favorite apps disappear completely- not one or two, ALL of them. I would go back and reassign them only to have them disappear again a day later.

I called today, got escalated pretty quickly to a fast talking kids who insisted that my message network is the cause. I doubted him at first but after I got off the phone and really gave it some thought, I went from doubting to not believing at all.

What would my network have to do with apps populating io the box? I'm not talking using or streaming apps - or even opening apps - just having them populate in the menu where they are supposed to be!

Anyone else have this problem? Will dumping hydra help?

Funny, the guy kept telling me it was a known issue with Aria mesh networking hardware, though I told him many times I had Amplifi. I don't think he knew what he was talking about

2. JSearfoss

JSearfoss Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Wellsboro, PA
    I have noticed this for the last few weeks. Thought it started after the last update. In fact I just went into the apps and it took 40 seconds for them to appear. I then went to Favorite Apps and there were none. After going into and out of the Apps menu a few times my Favorite Apps came back. I don't use the apps menu very often so this might have been going on before the update and I just noticed it.

3. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I am seeing this as well. When it happens I got back to live tv then hit the tivo button and navigate to apps again. It usually corrects and fills in.

There is a bug here.

4. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Are any of you that are having this issue running a mesh network (which the TiVo tech indicated was the culprit)?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

My TE4 Roamio spends most of its life in Standby. When I take it out of Standby, there is usually a delay (up to a minute) before Apps display. If I hit OK, I get a network error. Usually within a minute I get the Apps and other items working. This started with the latest release.

6. JSearfoss

JSearfoss Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Wellsboro, PA
    I am not. I have a wired 75Mbps internet connection.

7. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Mine's wired too (though the signal does originate at an Amplifi (mesh) router and travels through a single switch before hitting the TiVo). I just don't believe that has anything at all to do with this issue - though I love how TiVo always blames another piece of equipment or your provider for the issue (I've been a TiVo customer since the first model....it's ALWAYS been this way!)

8. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    No Bolt having this issue is hard wired to a Gigabit switch and a 300/20 connection

9. paully65

paully65 Member

Feb 20, 2002
    DC
    I am having the same problem on my Bolt Vox also. I have Verizon 100/100 FIOS hardwired ethernet.

10. leiff

leiff Active Member

Aug 24, 2005
    SF Bay area
    :)ditto. Someone should open a support ticket I guess. Although my Xfinity app has never been reliable

11. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Maybe it is all in my head but I think I'm seeing the other areas of my menu start to run slower as well. I might ditch Hydra tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

12. paully65

paully65 Member

Feb 20, 2002
    DC
    Well, magically, now all my apps populate immediately. Hmmmmm.

13. ckelly33

ckelly33 Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Yeah no issues the last few times I've tried for me either. (so much for TiVos claim that it was my mesh network lol. What a crock!)
    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk