Tivo Bolt Remote issue with Input

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Freakish Mind, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Freakish Mind

Freakish Mind New Member

Mar 10, 2019

Advertisements

My issue is when I hit input on my controller, It comes up on the tv to switch my input, but that is all the farther it goes. The remote continues to operate the tivo, but won't change the input selection. My tv is a Philips.

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    That's just the way it is. From the very beginning, the TiVo remote can only cycle through the inputs on the TV - there is no option to have a select or enter button that will work with the TV.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Does the selection move when you hit Input again? I have a Sony, LG and Sharp/Roku that let me move the selection and it takes effect after a few seconds. I had a Philips that needed that select option, which TiVo's remote can't supply. Some have used a Universal remote when they like the TV a whole bunch.

4. Freakish Mind

Freakish Mind New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    It won't allow me to move it at all. It continues to function the Tivo unit in the background.

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

The input button can also change behavior depending on which of the digit codes you've given it, try another code and see if it will cycle through the options with each press of input vs just opening the input menu, you may find one of the other codes will do this.

6. Freakish Mind

Freakish Mind New Member

Mar 10, 2019
    Yea I tried all the codes that are for my tv, 4 of them allowed the input button to work, but nothing allowed me to move it over after the input screen came up.

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    If it's a newish Philips try Funai codes, the behavior you're looking for is each time you press the input button it goes to the next input after the inital opening of the menu.