TIVO Bolt Program Guide Download: Failed

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by John G Campbell, May 5, 2020.

1. May 5, 2020 #1 of 56
    John G Campbell

John G Campbell New Member

Aug 3, 2018
    Spent over an hour with TIVO support yesterday and received no answer. They promised to "watch it" and said I would get an email with instructions (I haven't).

I have restarted, unplugged and rebooted, gone through setup numerous times (even changing my lineup), all to no avail.

Service connection succeeds, but when viewing system information, it always says Program guide download: Failed.

Support doesn't know what to do except tell me my Bolt is working normally.

Would appreciate any ideas as my guide runs out at 8:00pm tonight. Can't record even manually when there is no guide data.

Very disappointed with TIVO support.

2. May 5, 2020 #2 of 56
    djmay

djmay New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Any Luck?

I have 2 Bolts and having the same issue, my guide data has run out. I am no longer able to record anything. I also changed my line up channels to just the ones I actually watch. When I manually connect it appears to work fine. I do see the updated channels, and guide data when I log in to http://online.tivo.com/

When I redo the guided setup, It says "(Could not very info)" during the Verifying step on the initial Getting Setup Info...

3. May 5, 2020 #3 of 56
    John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    No fix or reply. My guide has run out of info.

Earlier I could see my guide information online, then it disappeared. Now it just stays in load mode (the spinning wheel). I have Spectrum and can see the guide there, but it's awkward to say the least.

I have gone in and manually set "time and channel" recordings for some shows, but it's not a good situation.

4. May 6, 2020 #4 of 56
    sssSMOKING

sssSMOKING New Member

Jan 22, 2020
    I guess I'm lucky. I have one channel that has the guide has wrong. If I go up one channel that's where I can find the show but the guide is wrong.
    Hope you guys get your guide fixed, please keep everyone posted.

5. May 6, 2020 #5 of 56
    mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    Which Bolt are talking about?

6. May 7, 2020 #6 of 56
    John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    TiVo BOLT 500 GB. Don't know what else you're looking for.

Still no remedy. I'm close to chucking TIVO for good. TIVO online just spins when I select guide. Terrible service and support.

7. May 8, 2020 #7 of 56
    jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Sometimes I have seen that on my Bolt, but often after a power loss. Most recently when it happened, I forced it to obtain a new IP by swapping the connection method from Ethernet to Wi-Fi. I could switch it back but it seems to be working fine now so I'll just leave it. At least I think what I did caused it to obtain a new IP. Anyways, after switching connection methods it worked........ Also, if you are on ethernet and not wifi, try a different port on your router just in case there is an issue with the port you are currently using.....

8. May 8, 2020 #8 of 56
    John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    Appreciate the suggestion, but I have tried that.

What is really strange is now the guide won't even load on TIVO Online. It loads fine on Spectrum. They claim I am not the only one. Friday and still no guide information.

9. John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    Day 5. Still no guide. :thumbsdown:

10. Rable

Rable New Member

May 10, 2020
    I have a Tivo Bolt and my guide isnt updating. I was told by tivo that there is an outage. I'm really pissed off at them. They are about to lose a customer. All they tell me is that they are investigating.

John G Campbell likes this.
  11. John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    Day 6, still no guide and no response from TIVO.

12. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's just you. With Online, can you view your My Shows? If you enter your zipcode and service provider into tvguide.com, you should see what TiVo contains for your system. Some have moved to an adjacent zipcode as a test. There have been no "server" problems for months. With TE4, your guide will update 3 times daily. With TE3 it's only once, but a failure should cause retries every hour or so.

13. Rable

Rable New Member

May 10, 2020

Not just him, my downloads successfully. I was told by tivo that numerous people are having this problem.

14. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's not wise to believe TiVo's CS people.

John G Campbell and Mikeguy like this.
  15. Rable

Rable New Member

May 10, 2020

I agree, pretty much sounds like they are reading from a script. I might be done with them. Ive been a loyal customer since tivo 2.

16. John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    I cannot get the guide on TIVO online. It either does the never ending spinning or shows are listed as To Be Announced on the few times it does list channels.

I can get my guide on Spectrum, but that's a pain. Tried adjacent zip codes and the channels are either incorrect or no guide data. Guide tries to update and always fails.

They have through this weekend and my Bolt and Mini will go on sale and I'll bite the bullet and rent two receivers from the cable company.

I've never seen a technology company have more amateur technology and yes the reps you reach, like all, go through a script and you can't get them off of it.

17. Rable

Rable New Member

May 10, 2020

I’m done too, after talking to them I don’t have too much confidence in them to fix the problem. I have my appointment this week to get cable company box this week. At least with the cable box it’s the cable companies problem when it goes bad.

18. Rable

Rable New Member

May 10, 2020
    Just curious did you have them take the commercials off the tv shows in the beginning? I had them do that about three weeks ago so was wondering if the two were related?

19. John G Campbell

Aug 3, 2018
    No, I didn't.

20. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Check to make sure your credit card did not expire. Ignore if you have lifetime.