1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo Bolt OTA with mini vox picture issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by WALLCOUGH, Nov 5, 2018.

1. WALLCOUGH

WALLCOUGH New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and tried to search this topic. I just connected the Tivo Bolt OTA and two mini vox in my house. The Bolt gets picture and channels fine. The minis are getting very pixelated images to where you can't really watch live tv on them. The antenna is outdoor mounted on my roof, and cable splits off to one of the minis using moca connection. The other mini is ethernet connected. Everything else works fine, just live tv on the minis is bad. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    What are you using for a MoCA bridge? The TiVo?

Can you check the MoCA signal levels in Network Diagnostics?

-KP

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Trying to understand the issue...
    • The picture is fine on the TV connected to the BOLT OTA, whether watching live or recorded content?
    • The picture is pixelated on both Minis? And it's pixelated whether watching live *or* previously recorded content?

And also trying to understand your setup...
    • How is the BOLT OTA networked ... wireless, Ethernet, MoCA ?

• Can you describe or diagram* the coax and network connections to all your TiVo devices, plus the modem and router, including the connecting components (splitters, amps, network switches, etc.)?

• What are the brand & model #s for your modem, router and any network switches?

• As suggested by @kpeters59, can you check & post the MoCA stats reported by your MoCA-connected Mini? (see >this post< for details on accessing the MoCA stats via the Network Status screen; you can just upload screenshots if you don't feel like transcribing the details)

* p.s. Example diagrams attached (for inspiration):
    MoCA_diagram_eg1.jpg Antenna attic MoCA.png hoopster CABB & BOLT-OTA attic.jpg TonyOC guesstimate.png

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    (The Minis get their content streamed over the network from their host DVR, the BOLT OTA; so the thinking is that something must be awry with the network connections between the BOLT OTA and Minis if the BOLT OTA pic is fine but the Minis are pixelating.)