TiVo BOLT OTA occassionally goes dead between uses.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Lee Gillie, Jan 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Lee Gillie

Lee Gillie New Member

Feb 27, 2019

Advertisements

I have a TiVo BOLT OTA. With the green TIVO light off; 90% of the time I turn it on, and it starts fine. I then turn TV on, and it goes directly to OTA. 10% of the time I do this, and my TCL TV says "NO SIGNAL, IS TIVO ON?". In both cases the green light on the TIVO illuminates. I then must shut everything back off, unplug the TIVO, and plug it back in, and then the TV sees the signal, and it all works.

This is NOT the TIVO saying there is no antenna signal. This is the TV saying there is no HDMI signal coming from the TIVO.

Any help with this minor annoyance would be greatly appreciated. It is usually not a big thing unless TIVO is actively recording when you must unplug it.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo is never off except when there is no power.

3. Lee Gillie

Lee Gillie New Member

Feb 27, 2019
    Did not say the TIVO was ever turned off. When I shut the TV off EVENTUALLY the TIVO green light goes off. I think this is a mode setting to hibernate? Anyway, I press the TIVO button on the remote to get the green light to come back on. Generally when the green TIVO light is on, I can see TIVO HDMI output on the TV.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You can always check in the Tivo settings menu, for power saving mode.

There has been a bug in the power saving (not standby) that prevents the Tivo from fully "waking up."

5. Lee Gillie

Lee Gillie New Member

Feb 27, 2019

Advertisements

That would certainly explain what I am experiencing. I will check the power saving setting. Thanks so much for your help!