TiVo Bolt Delay in Audio after Pause when Using Dolby

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by TivoRocks193, Nov 21, 2018.

1. TivoRocks193

TivoRocks193 Member

Aug 10, 2005

Advertisements

Just got a new Vizio 5.1 sound bar system, connected via HDMI ARC to Samsung TV and having a problem with my TiVo Bolt. The 5.1 audio sounds great but any time I pause the program and restart it, the video starts but the audio has a 2 second delay. Almost like the TiVo has to renegotiate with the sound bar the Dolby audio settings.

If I switch the TiVo from Dolby to PCM, there is no delay, but then the sound coming out is definitely stereo. TiVo does not appear to output 5.1 audio when PCM is selected.

Anyone experience this? Any fixes? Seems like a TiVo issue to me? I searched the forum and found posts from years ago relating to Roamio. Surprised this still happens with Bolt.

2. Barry Creamer

Barry Creamer New Member

Aug 27, 2020
    No help here. But I have the same problem with my Bolt. No changes to my system, and for the last few weeks I get a 4 second delay on audio only after any change (channel, guide, menu, whatever). Video starts but audio has 4 second delay. Just like you describe, but a little longer. Did you ever find a resolution to your problem?

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You're asking someone who hasn't been on the forum for a year. There are other reports of a delay, but usually just under a second. Use Search at the top of the page.