Tivo Bolt + Deals?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Rob Reff, Feb 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rob Reff

Rob Reff New Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Anyone have anything tips for getting a deal on a Tivo Bolt +. I tweeted at Tivo and they told me to call the 800 number. They had nothing to offer. Really want to upgrade my Romio Plus. I really don't want to pay full price.

Thanks!
    Rob

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Get a job at a high profile national newspaper as a tech journalist and write a disinterested, poorly researched article dismissing TiVo as a viable home entertainment solution. Unfortunately, that you're aware of the BOLT+ product indicates that your knowledge of the TiVo product line post-dates 2010, so you may be working from a distinct disadvantage.

alarson83, PSU_Sudzi and Mikeguy like this.
  3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    You're a very bad person. No Bolt for you. ;)
    Might I ask why you want to move to a Bolt? Absent a more limited number of circumstances, one wonders if there is enough value there to (justify) the expenditure.

Of course, new toys always are fun. :)

CoxInPHX likes this.
  4. chicagobrownblue

chicagobrownblue Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I'm not buying at current prices and because of limited 4K content. Why not invest in a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player in the meantime?

5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    The best deal on a Bolt+ is not to buy one. If you havn't done so already dropping a 3TB hard drive into your Roamio Plus gives you the same thing in more reliable packaging.

chicagobrownblue likes this.
  6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    ... or 4, 6 or 8TB (w/ a tiny bit of prep)

chicagobrownblue likes this.
  7. Masterchin

Masterchin New Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Every once in a while TiVo runs a sale, however I have not seen the TiVo Bolt plus sold at special price. They had a great deal last year for a Roamio pro all in for $500. I personally love TiVo and have been an owner since day one. The TV world seems to be changing constantly and TiVo may soon be gone like the VCR. Spending $1100 for a all in unit is a huge investment and gamble. I have invested around $1100 in my current set up and I'm very happy.
    I have a TiVo Roamio Pro, five TiVo Minis, TiVo XL4.
    The seven TVs all have DVR functionality and would cost me around $150 extra monthly.

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

that's the newest one so until they release a new model if they do or release via a third party I don't see them offering any specicals