TiVo Bolt+ Changes Channel While Watching a Previously Recorded Program

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by aprest, Feb 27, 2020.

1. aprest

aprest Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Maryland
    For example I will be watching a two hour program that I had previously recorded and say at 8:00 PM the TiVo Bolt+ will change the channel to a channel that I had scheduled to be recorded starting at 8:00 PM. I then have to figure out how to get back to the previously recorded program that I had been watching. Drives me nuts!

Note that the TiVo Bolt + can record 6 programs simultaneously and I am having this problem when only 2 or 3 channels are active.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Some kind of glitch. Reboot the unit and cross your fingers. Suggestions on or off? I don’t have suggestions on, perhaps that is an issue, but doubtful.

3. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Should not be doing this, but pressing the back button will return to the show you were watching menu. Then select resume play.

Now if you mean you were watching live TV being recorded, it has ended recording, your still behind in time, then it changes the channel this is how it works if it needs the tuner. In this case always go to my shows to watch recordings.

4. aprest

aprest Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Maryland
    March 23, 2020 I am replying to my own post:
    After trying everything that I could think of and working with TiVo support, the problem was not solved. TiVo support sent me a replacement TiVo Bolt VOX with a 3 TB drive. This solved the problem and I am grateful to the TiVo support team. They were terrific and answered my telephone calls quickly and were extremely supportive (unlike Google Nest Support which is terrible but that is an entirely different story and I regret buying four of Nest cameras).
    I can't say enough about how great the TiVo support group is.