Tivo bolt cable

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Nlieber, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Nlieber

Nlieber New Member

Mar 9, 2020
    I have a Tivo bolt that is can use a cable card but we are just using the OTA presently. It started having issues displaying a colored static picture green/gray with the format lines. I could power it on and off and it would work for several days then return. It has now come back permanently so I hoped it was a disk problem ordered a 2tb installed went through the setup up but as soon as it goes to display the menu for OTA static again.

Help? Ideas on how to proceed appreciated

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I know that it sounds basic but, I often see it as advice here: have you tried a different HDMI cable? They can go bad.

3. Nlieber

Nlieber New Member

Mar 9, 2020
    I have not, I will try a different one. Ty

4. Nlieber

Nlieber New Member

Mar 9, 2020
    Would the setup screens be ok if it was the cable?

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I would imagine that all the screens would have the issue. But who knows, when something goes wonky. o_O

6. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Can you post a picture?

Scott

7. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Quite possible, if the problem is related to the vile HDCP crap that is embedded in HDMI - the setup screens are actually lower resolution and have no copy protection.

Normally, HDCP does not produce static output; it just totally shuts off the video output to punish you for being a thief. But maybe your problem is specific to higher resolution video and not HDCP at all? Try using a composite video output cable to change your resolution to a fixed 480i as a test.