Tivo Bolt+ automatically upgraded itself from TE3 back to to TE4

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by MisterMidnight, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MisterMidnight

MisterMidnight New Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Bought a new Bolt+ 1TB cable unit a few weeks ago to replace my failing 3tb Bolt+...

After initial setup I downgraded to TE3 and restored all of my programs, setting etc.

Everything has been working great for past few weeks...

Today I turn on my Tivo and during the night it automatically reverted me back to TE4 !!! WTH??

With all the hassle required to revert to TE3 once again, I would hate to go through all the steps again only to have it go back to TE4. Is there any way to "lock" TE3 in? Very frustrating as I absolutely despise TE4.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    The only thing positive here is, this seems to be--based on posts here--something that happens, but rarely. :( As far as I'm aware, no way to lock TE3 in. (Perhaps via a telephone call to TiVo customer support? But I haven't heard of that before.)

3. tazzmission

tazzmission Active Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    This happened to me twice in a row. I gave up and just lived with TE4. I’m about to dump TiVo though for 2 hdhomerun primes to get 6 tuners. And I’ll use Plex and or channels dvr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
  5. schatham

schatham Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2007
    How long between upgrades. It happened to me over the weekend and I hope they don't do it again.

6. tazzmission

tazzmission Active Member

Oct 15, 2002
    North...
    It was the next day after the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro