TiVo Bolt and TiVo Mini keeps changing to invalid OTA channel overnight

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by web1b, Apr 28, 2020.

1. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Randomly, but several times per week or month, I turn on a TV connected to a Bolt or Mini and when I go to Live TV In the morning, hoping to be able to rewind and play the buffer in quickmode to catch up on whatever is playing, instead there is a black screen.

The reason is because the tuner has spontaneously changed to a channel number that doesn’t exist. For example, channel 3. Not 3-1 or 3-2, but 3 which is an invalid digital channel number (and not save in the list of channels). If I manually try to tune to 3, it automatically skips up to 3-1. So, I don’t know why it keeps switching to this channel when left unattended overnight.

How can this be fixed?

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    remove the channel from your guide, or stop hitting the "3" on the remote accidentally.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Are you trolling? Did you read the post?

I mentioned that the channel isn’t saved. It’s not even a channel that can be saved in the guide.
    I didn’t accidentally hit 3 with the remote.

4. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Did you make sure all of the tuners were on valid channels? If the box reboots, my understanding is that it resets all tuners to a single channel from one of the tuners.

5. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Sometimes the Bolt switches all tuners to the same channel overnight.
    Even if that’s true, why change to an invalid channel instead of any of the channels saved in the guide? It’s a poor experience to turn on the tv and find it on a station with no signal and have no buffer available on any of the 4 tuners.
    Also, if it’s rebooting overnight, it’s happening way too often. If it only happened a few times a year instead if so frequently, I wouldn’t have even bothered posting about it.

6. yesno

yesno Active Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Arizona
    Set a onepass on 3-1 (channels you want to watch) for the morning and let's see what happens.