1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Bold used for College Diving Cameras delayed viewing issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Todd Hatch, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Todd Hatch

Todd Hatch New Member

Oct 12, 2018
    System: 2- PTZ cameras at diving boards, feed 2 ZVee Pro 810 digital encoders that modulate the video and send HDMI to 2 TiVo Bolt. These then feed 2 60" displays so divers can make their dive, get out of the pool and go see their dive in a delayed feed from the TiVo's.

Problem: After going through the setup on the TiVo's, scanning for the modulated channel, and making this all work, about a week goes by and the TiVo will no longer pass the modulated channel. I have to force a new setup using kickstart codes and I can get them working again for another week.

Info: There are NO cable cards installed on these TiVo's.

Question: What can I try to get these TiVo's to stay setup. They are unusable at this time.

Thank you.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Current Tivo has only coax input and HDMI output, so your setup shouldn't work when feeding via HDMI. Signal would also must be digital only.

For you to work with camera(s), you may need to go to Series 2 as they are analog and with RCA/coax inputs.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Yes, this makes absolutely no sense. A Bolt does not have an HDMI input. You must be producing a digital ATSC or QAM signal and sending that to the Bolt over a coax line. It seems weird to me that someone that could set this up wouldn't know what he was talking about. Did someone set this up for you and they are now not available?

4. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    The ZVee units are outputting QAM; the OP obviously erred in saying they were sending “HDMI.”

kpeters59 likes this.