Tivo billed me twice

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by aadam101, Jul 17, 2007.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

Did this happen to anyone else this month? I got an apology email stating that they billed me twice by mistake and I would receive a refund in 10 days. I just noticed in another thread that someone was billed twice to ship back a defective unit so I was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

I think 10 days is a bit unreasonable to wait for a refund. It's a good thing it's not that much money.

2. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    Yep. Same email. Same situation.

3. Rocketslc

Rocketslc Active Member

Jan 4, 2004
    SLC, Utah...
    Same email. But I was only billed twice for one of my three units. As far as the 10 days, I have seen a couple times were refunds took 30 days (not with Tivo)

4. litkaj

litkaj Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Exton, PA
    The 10 days may be an overly-cautious estimate so that they don't have people calling and complaining the next day if they don't have their money back.

On that, they may be being cautious because the CC companies don't give them a choice. I work for an online retailer and we tell customers 5-7 business days for refunds because from the point when we submit a batch with a credit it generally takes 24 hours for the receiving card issuer to acknowledge that credit and another 2-3 days for them to post it on their online statement system.