Tivo Available For App Recordings

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by teamjr, Dec 19, 2019.

1. teamjr

teamjr New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Hello,
    I am wondering if there is a Tivo for my needs. I am looking to discontinue my Dish and go all Apps, Hulu, Apple, Prime etc. Is there a tivo that will allow me to enter in my Apps and details so I can get a guide in one place for all, making it a similar look to the Dish guide. I would prefer not to jump around to each app. Not sure if available. thank you for any help.

JR

2. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Si non confectus, non reficiat TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    The closest you could get with a Tivo would be by adding your specific shows as a Onepass and accessing them via the My Shows list, but there's been reports for years about streaming Onepasses being out of date compared to the apps.

3. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Theoretically, you could add Hulu, Netflix and Prime (that’s it, no CBS, Apple, Disney, etc) and have a list (not a Guide) of all the shows you set up a OnePass for.

It would allow you to go directly to an episode. However, new shows and new episodes can take weeks after premier until they show up.

I don’t know what an “app recording” is but you cannot record streamed shows.

jrtroo likes this.