TiVo automatic rescheduling of lower-priority OP show when higher-priority OP show is cancelled?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Mikeguy, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005

Advertisements

If I have 2 OP shows that conflict in time, and the TiVo, as expected, cancels the lower-priority OP show in favor of the higher-priority OP show (because this is a limited tuner box or all other tuners already are taken for the appointed time), and if I then notice this and cancel the recording of the higher-priority show manually, will the TiVo then see this and re-schedule the lower-priority show for recording?

I've had this situation recently and the lower-priority show was not re-scheduled. But I checked for this just a moment or two later, having exited and then returned to my To-Do list--do I need to allow significant time for the TiVo to implement a maintenance/status check to get this done, as I may have seen suggested in a post (and what sort of timeframe are we talking)? Thanks--

2. PedjaR

PedjaR Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Cary, NC
    To-Do list lags. If you must verify quickly that it went ok, you can go to the OnePass Manager and move the lower priority OnePass a spot up or down and then check To-DO list (then you can go back to the OnePass Manager and move it back to the right spot).

Mikeguy and astrohip like this.
  3. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Cool--and thanks for the suggestion. Just reassuring to know that the TiVo is thinking and continuing to watch out for me. :)

4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I experimented on this earlier, and found that it took my Series 2 TiVo between 1 and 1-1/2 hours to reschedule (without my intervention) a show previously knocked out by a higher-priority show later cancelled.