Tivo at CES...actually, not at CES

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by vector1701, Jan 9, 2006.

1. vector1701

vector1701 New Member

Nov 15, 2004
  2. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    I get this sense of Deja Vu :)

3. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    Quoted from the story "offer a service that lets customers search for TV ads and view them on demand." HUHHH?????? Looking for a particular commercial????? Once again I must say HUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA
    Screwy article with lots of misconceptions and mistakes.

Actually both Netflix and TiVo are having a problem with delivering online content for the same reason eveything else is screwed up, namely DRM issues. In fact, DRM issues for shifting content around are going to cost all of us huge sums of money in the future.

Actually for the purpose of any real number of added subscribers, it has already ended.

And ROKU LLC, only makes music and photo players and NO DVR. And ReplayTV dropped out of the Standalone DVR marketplace just in the last couple of weeks.

The only real true forward looking part of the whole article. IPTV and FTTP/FTTH. Although until IPTV and FTTP/FTTH and the bandwidth become available, the DVR is going to be king, at least for the next decade or two. And the way the cable industry is INFIGHTING, it could be longer. Of course, if the cable industry takes too long, then they could be ran over by the same delivery system.