Tivo appears frozen on "Please wait" screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AGBulls, Aug 7, 2007.

1. AGBulls

AGBulls New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Should i keep waiting or pull the plug? Something seems wrong.

2. noah82

noah82 Cox San Diego

Aug 1, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Yes, reboot.

3. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    How long did you wait? I've seen some very generalized searches take 10-15 minutes. I would give the Tivo 20-30 minutes.

There are also a number of setup steps that seem stuck at 0% forever and then they jump from 0 to 100% all at once. Tivo clearly needs to work on their progress meters.

4. AGBulls

AGBulls New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    this is in relation to my myriad of cablecard problems. neither of the cards that i have seem to work - and the comcast guy today wouldnt pair up either of them because slot 1 wasnt reading anything. he was grade A clueless.

i got the screen after i had my cards inserted and re-ran guided setup. considering the cards were 99% likely receiving nothing, this is likely what happened. i've pulled them now, and im waiting for another appointment with new cards for tom am.

im crossing my fingers...

5. chg

chg Member

Jul 28, 2007
    I had this problem setting up my Tivo HD. Finally pulled the plug and started over. Worked fine the second time.

6. AGBulls

AGBulls New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    What do you mean when you say pulled the plug? Did you have a technician come out and send data to their central office?

I need some direction if possible... :confused: :(

7. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Pulled the plug just means pulled the power plug so the unit owers down, then re-powering it.

8. chg

chg Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Correct. Went pretty quickly the second time.