1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo App - What to Watch

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by bittmann, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bittmann

bittmann Member

Apr 19, 2005
    South...
    Suggestion - allow users to filter the "What to watch" list, etc. in the TiVo App by "channels I receive". It used to work that way, but has recently changed.

One thing I still miss from the old SD units - the ability to search for upcoming movies, optionally filtering by category, seeing those movies listed only once, and being able to roll through the entire upcoming list in one "go". I used to use the TiVo App to look for upcoming movies in "What to watch", but now it returns streaming movies, including options I don't even have.

Searching could be better. The App used to help fill a void...but not anymore.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You can still do this using Search on the TiVo with a caveat that I also miss. You use to be able to start at the beginning of the list starting with 0 and scroll through them all but now you have to do it letter (or number) by letter and each letter shows not only titles that begin with that letter but ones that also include that letter.

Scott

3. bittmann

bittmann Member

Apr 19, 2005
    South...
    Yes, which can pull up hundreds/thousands of duplicate entries by the time you finally make it to "Z". Or, my other go-to...set up a "movie" wishlist, and roll thru that....still, that's listing by showing instead of by title, so dozens of duplicates to wade through.

I'd found something in the app that "worked"...it may not have listed every movie for the upcoming two weeks like the S1/S2 did so easily, but it was at least a few days out, and shows were listed only once.

Now, not so much. If I want to look for a show to stream, I'll search for it. When I'm "discovering" upcoming shows to *record*, all of the streaming stuff, stuff available for purchase, stuff on channels I don't receive... basically what the TiVo now shows by default ... just gets in the way.

(IMO, YMMV, BBQ, etc.)

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    If you change your search options to Sort by: Name, Source: Record Only Cost: Always free to record and Category: Movies, All Movies, All Movies, you only have to page down for each letter to where the movies start with that letter. I ignore the rest so I'm *not* wading through hundreds/thousands of duplicates?

No it's definitely not as easy as it was and I really miss that as well.

Scott

5. bittmann

bittmann Member

Apr 19, 2005
    South...
    Agreed...and if they would re-instate the ability in the Android App to filter the "What to Watch" listings by "record only" and "free", it would make the app a whole lot more useful as well. IMO.