TiVo app suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by irisr, Feb 19, 2020.

1. irisr

irisr Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Tried to stream a show on my iPad app. I’ve used it without incident (except for constant re log ins) since the beginning. Now when I try to watch a show, a pop up box is telling me “set up streaming device”. I go through all the steps and then get the same pop up. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution? Thanks!

2. MrDell

MrDell Active Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Rhode Island
    Sometimes if you delete the app and then reinstall it and set it up from scratch again it will be okay... this has helped me out on more than one occasion... worth a try...

3. irisr

irisr Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Thanks. Working with TiVo now. I deleted the app, shut down TiVo, did a bunch of restarts - and still have the same problem.

4. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    tivo online not working on web or app

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    agree

6. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    All functions that I tested are working here.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Looks ok now.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    At least with earlier iOS versions, the constant need to re-login to the app was super annoying.
    Also happens very frequently with my two iPads (Pro 10.5" and mini 5) + iPhone 8 all on iOS 13.x.x now. When that happens, the only solution I've found is to reboot my TiVo Bolt+. Obviously, doing that interrupts all your in-progress recordings so I sometimes have to wait until there's a good/better time to do that.

I haven't updated the app recently (in the last few weeks) but for me, due to the above problems, I'd say the reliability of the app (well, something might to be blame on the DVR side but it affects the app) is total garbage.