1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tivo App quit connecting to my Roamio Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rablake, Jul 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    I was always able to use the iOS TIVO app on an iPhone or iPad to schedule, watch etc. Now I can connect with my tivo premiere 4 and my tivo HD but the newer Roamio Pro comes up as unable to connect for some reason. They are all three hard-wired into the same network and all three worked on the tivo iOS app on my phone and iPad. Any thoughts? Thanks

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TiVo is having issues.

3. rzordani

rzordani New Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Same problem here. No connection to Roamio via iPad app, however I can connect to Roamio via Android app.

4. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Thanks for the replies. So, not alone here with iOS Tivo app problems. I had tried the normal Tivo reboots and app reloads but no glory.

5. rablake

rablake Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Tivo Support sent these instructions which at the moment are working:

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support.

We understand that this problem affects your viewing experience and we apologize for the inconvenience. Please refer below for the troubleshooting.

Troubleshooting:
    1. Sign out from the TiVo App.

2. Run a force connection to the TiVo service on the TiVo Roamio:
    - Settings & Messages > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection.

3. Restart the TiVo:
    - Settings & Messages > Help > Restart Box.

4. Sign back in on the TiVo App.

On my iPhone tivo app when I signed back in I tried to designate the Roamio as the main tivo and was rejected by no connection being allowed but when I set one of the other tivos as the major (cannot remember app terminology, sorry), THEN i could see all three of my tivos on the iPhone including the Roamio. So, good for now. Then I signed back into my iPad tivo app and could designate Roamio as the primary and could see all three tivos on the iPad. Thanks Tivo.