Tivo app on the ipad is greatness

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Stinkweed8, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Stinkweed8

Stinkweed8 Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Tucson
    I just got a new premier. I finally got the ipad2 to recognize the dvr and i must say...its a great experience. I love having access to the np list and being able to delete and add content while watching programming.

I just wish this functionality would be open to the HD as well. I see no reason why it isnt except they are trying to sell premier boxes...which is a lame excuse.

2. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Now just need the app for Android. :)

3. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    The premier has a service based architecture that the iPad uses.

The s3's do not have these same connectors and I suspect it would take some significant updates to an end of life platform to get full iPad functionality.

TiVo responded to quite a bit of noise and provided the level of functionality that they could for the S3's. I will never complain when a company innovates - the Premier was a complete architectural redesign of the platform, the iPad app was designed to take advantage of the new design.

S3 models will not stream either - it is funny, you hear every day someone complaining that they see no compelling reason to upgrade and then in the next thread complain that the older models don't support the new functionality. Can't have it both ways.

By the way - I love the iPad app as well...

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
  5. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
  6. ThreeSoFar'sBro

ThreeSoFar'sBro Sports Nut

Oct 10, 2004
    Macomb Twp., MI
    I agree, the app is terrific, WHEN it works. Mine will only work when I reboot the TiVo, and then for only a few hours. I really wish it would continue recognize the TiVo for more than those few hours.

7. Stinkweed8

Stinkweed8 Member

Feb 1, 2004
    Tucson
    I do agree that the app sometimes cant find the tivo...not sure what thats about.

8. joe1515

joe1515 New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Bayport, NY
    I have seen this several times on the forum, would someone mind explaining what cannot stream means?

Thanks,
    Joe