TiVo app-Love it but frustrated

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by RBeatse, Mar 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RBeatse

RBeatse Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Salt Lake...

Advertisements

I love the TiVo App and it has been a God send because I travel a bunch. I can download my shows and then watch on the plane as I fly. However (there is always a "however")...

About 3 weeks ago, I got a new iPad. It is an iPad Pro (not the huge 12" one, the 9" one) and ever since, when I am trying to download shows it will constantly stop recording and try to reconnect and then sometimes it continues but others it will just quit and say that the streaming device will not connect. This is on the same network with the TiVo about 50 feet from the iPad.

I used to be able to select a bunch of shows the night before I left on my trip and the next morning they would all be there but now it is very sporadic that it actually works without a lot of babysitting.

Any ideas?

PS, I wish there was a way to tell the app to download a show to a show as soon as it has finished recording and/or allow it to download in the background.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    What have you tried so far to resolve?

3. RBeatse

RBeatse Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Salt Lake...
    I have, over the last weeks, completely hard booted the iPad but that has not worked. I have, seemingly daily, run the "setup' function in the app when it fails and it zips right through the 4 steps and everything works for a little bit and then fails again.

4. RBeatse

RBeatse Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Salt Lake...
    One of the many messages I get is (just got it again)

Problem Downloading
    Unable to download [Show Name]. Please
    try again. Error T[0x100000].
    Restarting the app and redoing the setup usually fixes it for some random amount of time before it has trouble reconnecting and possibly failing.