Tivo App (iOS) won't stream from New Tivo Roamio

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ento190, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ento190

ento190 Member

Nov 1, 2017
    I keep getting a message any time I try to connect from my iphone or ipad on wifi:

"Problem Streaming"
    "There was a problem streaming this show. Please check your network and try again."

My network is fine. Tivo online on my laptop can stream from Tivo. I've streamed from 3000 miles away, but now I can't even stream from the next room.

I've deleted the app multiple times while restarting the box and restarting my modem, forced a connection to tivo service, then re-installed the app. Nothing works. One odd thing is that it also has the name of my old tivo, old tivo mini (not currently installed) and my new tivo in the drop down menu, but I don't see how this affects anything. I logged into my account and the old box ("Living Room") is inactive. Only my new box ("New") shows up and my old mini shows up.

If I call support, I assume they'll go through all the steps above and ultimately blame it on apple. I am not sure. I haven't seen streaming problems come up in many google searches since 9/2018.

Thanks for any advice

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    mirv and BeachBudget like this.
  2. LastPlace

LastPlace Member

Feb 21, 2005
    My in-house streaming has never been completely smooth but now I can't stream at all either (Roamio to iPhone). It's been going on for weeks:(