TiVo app for iPad: incomplete program info

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by TishTash, Aug 25, 2011.

1. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    My TiVo app for the iPad works great. However, a couple days ago, I noticed a few channels listing "To Be Announced" in the Program Guide, but just in the app, and this is for each of the three Premieres I have. On the TiVo Premieres themselves, those channels contain complete Guide info.

I've restarted each TiVo, restarted and even deleted and reinstalled the TiVo app for the iPad, even deleted and rechecked those channels in the Channel Listing section of Settings and those channels continue to list "To Be Announced." Obviously, since the units themselves have the correct data, something in the hand off on those channels is messing up.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

2. dkraft

dkraft Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Give me an example and I will look on my IPad and see if it is a you thing or an IPad thing.

3. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Mines doing the exact same thing. The tivo itself is fine, just the app is saying to be announced. I noticed it happened for many of my premium HD movie channels, but didnt look around too much.

4. jtag48

jtag48 New Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Same here. Affects iPhone and iPad app. Reset Application in Settings and uninstall/reinstall did not help. Have not tried restarting the Premiere, however but according to the first post that may not help anyway. I find "To Be Announced" with some but not all Premium HD channels. Affected channels are Showtime2HD, Showtime2PHD, The Movie ChannelHD, The Movie ChannelExtraHD, EPIXHD, EPIXHD2 and all ten CinemaxHD channels. HBO and Starz are unaffected. No other channels are affected that I can find. All guide info is complete when viewed on the Premiere itself. I am not sure exactly when but I think this started a few weeks ago. I wonder if it is related to the 14.8b to 14.8c update? Nothing has changed with my LAN setup (wired ethernet). Provider is Verizon FiOS. :confused:

5. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    According to various reports from different users, these channels are the same channels having listing problems via the iPad app. All situations involve the following:

A) the same channels are involved for EVERYONE,
    B) this is across ALL service providers: Cablevision, Comcast, Cox, Time Warner Cable, even Verizon FiOS,
    C) repeating Guided Setup (as TiVo customer service will request you do) does NOT resolve the issue, and finally
    D) the TiVo units themselves have the correct listings for these channels.

I send this to TiVo CS for their promulgation; we'll see if there's a fix, hopefully soon.

6. kimos

kimos New Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Not a very good app. I intalled but always says incomplete need search TiVo box. And tried reset and set again

7. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Magically, the "To Be Announced" channels are now back online in the iPad app. No explanation officially from TiVo as of yet.