TiVo App for iOS v3.7

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Philmatic, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003

Advertisements

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tivo/id401673976?mt=8

What's New in Version 3.7
    Personalize your What to Watch screen by creating up to 20 personal feeds from categories including Hobbies & Interests, Music Videos, TV, Movies and Collections. So whether youÂ’re a budding brewer, a R&B music lover or a fan of Amazon Originals, the new What to Watch screen will help you get to your favorite programs faster than ever!

Fixes the jailbreak detection code on iOS beta 9.3. Yay! :up: Seems snappier too.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Still no SkipMode.... Booooo!

3. SolomonJ

SolomonJ Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I wonder if it might contain the code to support Bolt OOH streaming since indications are a release this month.

4. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    The custom WTW strips are kinda cool. I'd use WTWN on the DVR more often if it were there too.

5. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013

Advertisements

It may also work with IOS Beta as it tried to connect but wants me to set it up again which I am not home. So I can't tell for sure. But I used to get a message right away.

6. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    The App is now unsable for me. "A network error occurred" every time it tries to connect to the TiVo. I rebooted the TiVo, no change. Guess I'll uninstall/reinstall.

EDIT: Uninstall/reinstall worked, but I still received several of those same error messages before it finally successfully connected.

7. Nelson2009

Nelson2009 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Boston, Ma
    That it ??? (zzz) I'll skip it. a person from twitter report new update TiVo app rebooted his DVR hmm might want to hold off

8. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I couldn't log in for a few hours but in now. Also it said I reached my max on streaming of 20 devices but no way in hell. Said I could reset every 30 days I hit reset and can stream even on iOS beta 9.3.

9. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I just downloaded a program to my iPhone with the updated app. First time it worked ever without restarting at least once.

10. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    It absolutely works with iOS beta. It requires you to set it up again, but it works.

11. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks, my decision to hold off for a while looks like it was the right one.

12. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    It was a TiVo server error not app. My wife couldn't connect on android either.

13. sluciani

sluciani TiVowner Since '99

Apr 21, 2003
    Westchester...
    I honestly didn't notice the app updated until I tried to adjust the playback volume and noticed the volume slider on the bottom right disappeared. :( I'll miss it, because I liked that volume control method much more than the alternatives.

14. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ...and the CC is now in the lower right? and it still doesn't remember that I ALWAYS want CC on..

and downloads/streaming STILL is broken.. since I have always expected it to be a combination of app and the Tivo/(built-in Stream) issue.. and maybe Tivo's servers.. BUT based on a very small sample so far, I am getting slightly different error numbers when it fails.. but still fails quickly after a few minutes of streaming/downloading, and have to wait a long time to try again.

15. NYHeel

NYHeel Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Wake me up when we can stream out of home on iOS.

16. SolomonJ

SolomonJ Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Me too. Hope it doesn't require cryogenic procedures to get there.

17. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    Is it just me or are download speeds in the new app a lot slower.

I downloaded a 180 MB (minimum quality) 30 minute show to my iPhone 6s Plus and it took over 10 minutes. I used to be able to get a Best quality 500 MB show in about 15 minutes.

Maybe it's the 20.5.9 update?

Edit:

And apparently resuming downloads is broken. It worked once, but I'm trying again and it won't resume or even try to.

Edit 2:

Killed the app and tried to resume. Got the following, but it did start.

Image1458828097.784570.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  18. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Maybe your particular instance of this bug is new, but that issue (along with others) is not.. I honestly don't remember seeing that EXACT dialog (ESPECIALLY not the "will resume" part)..

But I DO see the iOS app not see the "streaming device" VERY VERY often... and I have to wait MANY minutes for it to show back up.. it's not there even if you try to setup..

Basically, I suspect that the streaming device is either completely crashing, rebooting, or getting into some VERY bad state that takes minutes to recover.

I have VERY repeatable almost useless streaming/downloads (though ONCE in a very rare while I actually get a whole show watched/streamed -- it's just barely functional enough that I keep trying) that I would provide info to Tivo.. I was in contact with someone long ago, but they never really followed up.. I should ping them again.

19. Zonker007

Zonker007 Member

Oct 3, 2015
    I stream OOH all the time. I simply tether my iPad to my iPhone and the Tivo App treats the connection as non-cellular. I can also do the same from tethering my iPhone to iPad (both have LTE connections).

Z

20. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    My HD program are streaming in Full screen instead of HD. Is that a function of the app or is there a setting somewhere I need to change?