TiVo app for ios driving me nuts

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Kurs0010, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    So lately I can't seem to load the Tivo app over wifi (not my home network wifi). I get the spinning circle and no show list or icon appears and even the dropdown box (that has my shows, my downloaded shows, etc) just says "Label". As soon as I turn off wifi, I immediately can load the app. I can't steam any shows "Streaming Not Permitted. Out of home streaming is not permitted from this box, Contact Customer Service for further Information" As soon as I get home, I set up out-of-home streaming, and then the next day the cycle continues. I'm using the most updated ios version and the newest tivo app version. I've tried deleting and downloading the app many times. HELP!

2. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I’m having the same issue. Ever since the last update the app has been nothing but a problem when I’m away from home. I’m traveling for the next 2 weeks and not only is the streaming broke, it won’t let me download when away from home either.

3. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Have you had any luck? I actually just got a new iphone and it STILL is doing the same crap!!!!!!!

4. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I have had a little bit of luck this week, with my Bolt. I’m still having issues starting the app, but I have been able to stream and download while I have been away for most of the week. How ever the app will not connect to my other TiVos for some reason.

5. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Grrrr and how strange that it seems like you and I are the only ones with this problem!

6. lujan

lujan Member

May 24, 2010
    No, I've never been able to stream from the TiVo app either at home or away.

7. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    What’s even weirder is I was home for a few days between Christmas and New Years and it worked fine when I went into the office for a few hours. Could stream at all at my in-laws of Christmas. Was able to stream at the airport while I was waiting on my flight, got to the hotel no dice for the first 2 days, then like magic was working perfectly for the past 2 days. Now I just got back to the hotel and wanted to watch last night’s Doctor Who and in a cruel twist of fate I’m getting the “out-of-home streaming is not permitted from this box” message again . I just don’t get why it work one day and not the next

8. meckel

meckel Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    So I was opening the app and while everything was blank with the spinning circles, I went into settings and logged out and back in again. Now I’m able to stream and download again. I may be worth a try if you haven’t yet.

9. Kurs0010

Kurs0010 Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Yesterday I was able to stream and download in the afternoon -- but not in the morning -- and I was sitting in the exact same spot.