Tivo App Download to SD Card on Kindle 5th gen

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TiVo & Bacon, Dec 30, 2015.

1. TiVo & Bacon

TiVo & Bacon New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    I have loaded the TiVo app onto a Kindle Fire 7" 5th generation ($50)

I have a micro SD card properly configured. (I can download and watch amazon prime videos)

I have moved the TiVo app to the SD card. When I check the app some of the app is stored internaly and some on the SD card. (First weird thing that I do not understand)

Everything seems to be working 100%

My one issue is that the TiVo app only dowloads to the internal memory and not the SD card. This is a problem since the internal memory is only 8GB and is already mostly filled up with Kindle stuff. I only have room for 1 or 2 shows. It would be awesome to fill up the SD card with a bunch of stuff for road trips. Streaming while tethered to my cell phone would eat up data fast.

Any thoughts?

Is there a way to use a file managemenat app to shuffle files between the SD card and the internal memory?

2. GoodSpike

GoodSpike Active Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I believe that if you check, most of the Android apps you install on microSD will still have components on main memory. That might vary by version.

Where an app downloads data is dependent on how the program is written. Some will give you a choice, some won't.