TiVo announces plans for updated iPad app

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by Pine Cladding, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Pine Cladding

Pine Cladding Large member (Ooer!)

Aug 4, 2001
    Fareham, UK
    Maybe this is what Virgin have been waiting for. The press release seems to hint at VOD search integration for cable companies, but sadly no streaming.

Press release

2. jonphil

jonphil New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Derbyshire, UK
    Hope a Android version follows soon :) As much as I would love a ipad they are still expensive compared with the Android versions coming out.

3. MAD4IT

MAD4IT New Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Does the current iPad app work with the Virgin Media Tivo or is this currently US only?

4. Pine Cladding

Pine Cladding Large member (Ooer!)

Aug 4, 2001
    Fareham, UK
    US only I'm afraid. Virgin have promised a virginised app some time this year.

5. MAD4IT

MAD4IT New Member

Apr 3, 2003
    That's great thanks. Will be looking forward to it seeing as I have just purchased an ipad.

6. dialanothernumb

dialanothernumb New Member

Dec 6, 2002
    The US service is for TiVo premier hardware. Understabley for commercial ( and MAYBE hardware reasons) TiVo service enhancements are on the latest platform. There's a debate about the fairness of availability of Hulu+ service on the Premier hardware but not on the Series3 platform elsewhere in this forum.

7. mikerr

mikerr TiVoCentral.co.uk

Jun 2, 2005
    Lancashire, UK
    VM Tivo shares the premiere codebase (see US TiVo vs VM TiVo) - so VM is the latest platform.