TIVO And Xfinity/Comcast

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by GDTech, Jul 24, 2020.

1. GDTech

GDTech New Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Will tivo get the new HBOMAX or not? Is TIVO going to work out some business with Xfinity/Comcast? I Receive HBO/SHOWTIME and others but do not have a damn thing stream ON DEMAND. IF TIVO CANNOT DO BUSINESS WITH XFINITY FOR A BETTER APP THEM I'M GOING TO DITCH TIVO. Others should do the same! I need a REAL answer here or goodbye tivo, sorry. IT'S JUST BUSINESS, NOTHING PERSONAL, You MBA's ALWAYS SAY.

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Get a Roku and the Xfinity Stream app for VOD. Forget using Tivo for apps.

Nice rant btw, all caps is always useful. :rolleyes:

3. GDTech

GDTech New Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Yes, already thought of that. You didn't answer my question(s) though. Having to spend more money was the point!
    SARCASM IS ALWAYS USEFUL ASWELL.o_O

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Sorry, but a rant just doesn't get respect when if you are calm and cool people will respond to you cool and calm.
    You know as much as anyone else here does, but just look at the track record, don't assume any new streaming apps will come to the Tivo platform and this isn't Tivo's fault because [broken record] the apps are supplied and written by the providers not Tivo[/broken record]

cwerdna likes this.
  5. GDTech

GDTech New Member

Jul 3, 2019
    I'll grant you the rant isn't cool I understand that. I know other media companies make the apps. They could do business with them better however. Xfinity/Comcast most likely doesn't want to make it for the tivo platform for competition reasons or others. They have their own recorders and want to take tivo users away.. I get it. End thread.

6. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    A) It looks like your caps lock key is stuck on, or otherwise defective. I'd advise replacing the keyboard.

B) The HBO app's status isn't due to XFinity, it's up to HBO on whether or not they choose to make a MAX application on TiVo. Right now, the old HBO Go application has been renamed to just "HBO" and continues to work.

C) XFinity says you can't have HBO Go on TiVo, but you can - go to authenticate the app with your XFinity account, when it says "Not supported on this device" - refresh the page, then go back one page to the provider listing, pick XFinity again and then it'll log you in - and the HBO app will start working.

D) Otherwise, just get a Roku or something.

7. GDTech

GDTech New Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Actually I needed to do a reset and solved keyboard and many other issues. HBO GO does work. I knew about the refresh on their site. When they stop that app, hopefully they will write one for the tivo platform or I guess I will just get a roku.

Thanks for the input.

8. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    The HBO app should still work on TiVo after HBO GO gets canned - the following is cut from HBO's support page:

Can I still stream HBO GO?
    If your provider doesn't support HBO Max after July 31, 2020, here's how you can continue streaming:
    • Stream on your computer at HBOGO.com
    • Stream on your TV using your TV provider app (if available)
    • Stream on a TiVo device using the HBO app

9. GDTech

GDTech New Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Excellent reply. Thanks. Glad to here HBO will still work.