Tivo and Thumbs up, Thumbs down with Kameleon remote.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by linkinyeah, Feb 4, 2006.

1. linkinyeah

linkinyeah New Member

Feb 4, 2006

Advertisements

I really need some help, I have a Kameleon 8 in 1 remote and I have it programmed to control my Tivo Series 2. I know that this is not exactly a nice remote, but it is all that I have and I would like to use it. I do not have the original remote and the Kameleon can't be programmed on a computer. I am trying to find out how to get the the remote do the thumbs down command so I can reset my Tivo. I know that the most obvious answer would be to learn the command, but I don't have the original remote and I would like to not have to purchase the original remote just to learn that command. Is there anything I can do to get this to work. I tried calling Radioshack support for the remote, but of course they are not open on weekends and I need help today. I would appreciate any ideas anyone would have that could help. Thank you.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    The advanced code for Thumbs UP is 247, Thumbs Down-245. To map them to a key on the 2138:

1. press and hold P for two blinks
    2. press OTHER
    3. enter 9-9-4
    4. press device key
    5. tap P for one blink
    6. enter advanced code
    7. pick a key

3. linkinyeah

linkinyeah New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    I am sorry, I can't get this to work. I get all the way to the step 5., tap p for one blink. When you say enter advanced code do you mean just hit the numbers 245, for thumbs down? I did this but then how do you pick a key? Are there only certain keys I can choose from or what key should I use? I don't if this makes a difference but I have the RadioShack 8 in 1 Kameleon. Thank you for your quick replay and I hope you might be able to help me again.

4. linkinyeah

linkinyeah New Member

Feb 4, 2006
    I continued to try and got it to work using one of the key below stop on the Aux device. I really appreciate you getting back to me so quick. You made my day. Thank you

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA

Advertisements

Yes you use the keypad to enter 2-4-5. The screens on the kameleons are fixed, so you can only map Advanced code to keys already lit. Device keys, Macro keys, FAV won't accept advanced codes. Use ENTER, you can erase the command later if you wanted to.